Best Countertop Water Dispenser
You must stay hydrated. You can ensure that you get enough water at home or the workplace to purchase a water dispenser. It ensures that there is water within your reach at all times. If you do not have enough room, a countertop water dispenser is the right choice due to its small size. You can place it over your counter, under it, or on the table. This helps save already little space available. These dispensers are also lightweight and can be moved from one location to the other with ease.
Why Should You Buy a Countertop Water Dispenser?
Are you stuck between getting a countertop or the conventional water dispenser? Here are some of the reasons why you should consider a countertop one.
A countertop water dispenser can be used at any point at home and every other time. They are a perfect fit for home and offices. Most of the dispensers can operate even without an electric connection, especially if you do not need very cold or hot water. This means you can take it to a picnic site, to a function, or a meeting to provide your guests with high-quality water.
Countertop water dispensers ensure that you get your water without having to buy the single-use water bottles.
Many of them do not require water bottles at all. You just use your normal water supply to get some fresh water. Those that go for bottled water use the standard, reusable 3-5 gallon bottles. Therefore, you do not clutter the environment with plastic when you purchase one. Overall, water dispensers give you the best water and keep the environment clean.
-Ease of Maintenance
Unlike the common myth, water dispensers do not require high maintenance. Water dispensers require a little maintenance, such as changing the water filter, cleaning the drip tray, and wiping the outer surface. These activities do not require lots of time or cost. Besides, the sedimentation and minerals are removed after some time and not every other day. Therefore, you get cheap water that at not only the right temperature but also safe for use.
-Countertop Dispensers are Stylish
Most people look at the aesthetics of the room when purchasing an appliance. Fortunately, most of the dispensers are stylish, black, charcoal, silver, and white appliances that work with any style of your home. You can place it at any corner, surface, or location, and it will still blend in with the rest of the room. Just pick a dispenser that meets your style requirements.
-They have a Convenient Size.
Most of the offices and homes are limited in space. Therefore, most of the users do not have the space to place their freestanding water dispensers. The countertop ones solve this problem by coming in convenient sizes that you can place anywhere. Sometimes, you just have to put it up when there are people at home and then store it. They are lightweight. Therefore, they can be placed in any space without damaging the surface. Their small size means that you can have them on a surface, such as a countertop, and still complete other activities at home with ease.
-Saves You Cash
The initial cost of buying a countertop dispenser is lower than most freestanding models in the market. This cost is catered for with savings made from what you would have used to buy single-use bottles. Besides, if you are using a water dispenser that does not require water bottles and instead uses water from the municipal supplies, you do not have to spend more on buying bottled water. Therefore, dispensers are an economical alternative to consuming expensive water.
-Many Extra Features
Many models come with additional features such as in-built filters, direct supply from plumbing systems. Others allow you to select the temperature at which you will get your water. For immediate plumbing dispensers, you do not have to check the water levels and continually enjoy quality water. With water filters, you are assured of clean, good-tasting water all the time.
Types of Countertop Dispensers
There are various types of countertop dispensers in the market, each made with specific considerations in mind. It is crucial that you know a few of them to make the right purchase decisions. Here are some of the most popular ones.
1. Countertop Water Coolers
Water coolers make use of the direct water supply from the municipal line. Therefore, they do not require refillable water bottles for the water supply. The good thing about these coolers is that they are at all times connected to the water supply system. Therefore, you do not need to check the water levels to open the tap.
2. Water-mounted Coolers
Water coolers come in two types based on the areas they are to be placed. First, there are wall-mounted countertop dispensers. These are common in public places and social sites. They have a water cooler tank at the center. Therefore, when water comes from the supply unit, it first gets to the tank where it is cooled before heading to the faucet. New models come with sensors to detect when an object is placed under the tap to dispense water. Many of the units also come with a basin underneath to collect water from the spillage.
3. Tabletop Dispensers
These are the most common at home. They are small in size, which makes them convenient to place on all kinds of surfaces. However, since most of them are placed at the top of the table, they are generally called tabletop water dispensers.
4. Direct Piping Dispensers
Unlike the wall-mount coolers described in the section above, direct piping dispensers provide hot and cold water while getting water from the plumbing. These dispensers are installed at particular locations at home. They also come with a basin to avoid spillage and keep the place clean. They are more sanitary as they do not require touching and changing of the water bottles from time to time.
5. Countertop Water Dispensers
Countertop water dispensers may come as either bottled water dispensers or bottle-less models. However, the bottle-less water dispensers are not positioned in a permanent place, like the coolers described above. Instead, they come with adaptors with which you can connect to the nearest water supply outlet.
On the other hand, the bottled types use gravity to draw water from the bottles mounted on the top. After finishing the water, you just return the plastic bottle and purchase a new one. Due to the bottle, these dispensers are usually heavier than their bottle-less counterparts. Therefore, you need to be careful where you are placing the dispenser.
You may also go for models that place the water bottle underneath the dispenser. This mechanism uses suction and electricity to pump the water up to the faucet. This type is ideal for users who have a problem loading the water bottle on the top load or those that suffer from joint pains. Unfortunately, they cannot be used with electricity like their top-loading counterparts.
6. Free Standing Bottled Water Dispensers
The freestanding water dispensers come with a bottle on the side and a nozzle that leads to the water dispenser. The sizes of these models differ, but some can be placed on the counter. They make use of the air to pump water from the bottle to the dispenser. This helps in the further cooling of water. On the downside, most of these models require electricity to run. Besides, they need additional space to place your bottle. Therefore, they may not be ideal for people who live in small areas.
Best Countertop Dispensers in the Market
Determining the best dispenser for your needs may be a difficult task given the dozens of brands in the market. This review takes you through some of the best brands and provides you with a buying guide at the end of the article. Here is our list of the best brands in the market.
Avalon A12 Countertop Bottle-Less Water Dispenser
This dispenser is one of the several countertop dispensers from Avalon Company. It is compact because it does not require a water bottle. There are two temperature options; cold and hot for your preference. It also has a self-cleaning mechanism to keep your water clean and safe from dirt and pathogens. The outer body has a stylish design that combines white and black colors, making it compatible with any room décor and design. It is made of stainless steel, which is durable and easy to clean.
The dispenser makes use of ozone to purify your water. It also has an indicator that lights up to alert you that you should change the filter when the current one is no longer effective. The filter can work for up to 1500 gallons of water. Besides, it has a child safety lock to prevent young ones from wasting your water.
- Two temperature options; hot and cold
- Maximum capacity of four liters
- Small footprint with dimensions of 15 by 12 by 19 inches
- Weighs just 30 pounds, which is a reasonable weight when placing it on surfaces such as tables
- Its self-cleaning feature ensures clean water at all times
- It has a low light fitted therein that makes it visible at night
- The self-cleaning features assure you of clean water at all times
- The filter is NSF approved for reliability
- The Energy Star has approved its child lock mechanism
- It takes time to dispense both cold and hot water
- Its installation guidelines are hard to understand
Kuppet 3-5 Gallon Countertop Water Cooler Dispenser
The water dispenser from Kuppet has a maximum capacity of five gallons. There are also 3-gallon water dispensers with the same features as this one. It dispenses both hot and cold water from a faucet press mechanism. It has a unique design and an all-white outer body that resonates well with any room décor. It also has a well-designed base for maximum stability on any surface. There is also a choice of four other colors in the market.
- It comes with an anti-dust mite water barrel seat that is detachable and easy to clean. The anti-dust mite design helps ensure that water remains clean even with a dust mite infestation.
- It has an ultra-quiet work and will deliver cold and hot water in no time.
- Delivers cold water at between 50F and 59F, and hot water at 185F and 203F
- Power consumption: 800W
- Heating time:10 minutes
- Cooling time: 40 minutes
- Top loading water dispenser to save on space
- Works with standard 3-5 gallon water bottles
- Compact, making it suitable for tiny spaces
- Does not come with a child lock
- It is a little unstable when using a 5-gallon bottle
- Water does not get really cold
Nutrichef Countertop Water Cooler Dispenser
Nutrichef provides a reliable, lightweight, easy to use countertop dispenser. It delivers both cold and hot water for a drink or makes those refreshing beverages at home or in the workplace. Coldwater is delivered at temperatures of between 35-45 degrees F, while hot water is delivered at 180-195 degrees F.
The water dispenser accommodates the standard 3-5 gallon water bottles that you will find in your local grocery. With big bottles, you do not have to keep buying new ones for use at home. Its water cooler comes with a built-in compressor to help cool your water fast. The mechanism works with an ultra-cool operation.
It has an innovative design that includes cup storage. The outer body has a polished silver appearance with black and grey accents, making it look cool on its countertop. Besides, it has a slim profile that allows it to fit in tiny spaces. It can fit on an unused corner or table at the corner of your room.
- It comes with a child lock on the hot water spout to prevent scalding injuries.
- You have two options, an automatic plug-in dispenser (PKTWC20SL) or the one with a built-in compressor (PKTWC15SL). The former does not come with a child safety lock on the hot water sprout.
- Its output capacity is 2 liters an hour for cold water and 5 liters an hour for hot water.
- Works with both 120V and 240V
- The outer body is made of Engineered ABS.
- It is quite reliable for delivery of hot water
- Have a very small footprint
- The complimentary safety lock keeps your kids safe
- Uses the standard water bottles
- The cold water is not quite cold
- It may leak at times
Primo – Easy Top Loading Ceramic Countertop Water Dispenser
Primo makes perfect ceramic water dispensers for those who would like to water constant water supply at home or the workplace. The dispenser has a rounded shape and a broad base for stability. As the name suggests, it is a top-loading water dispenser that uses three to five-gallon bottles that you find at the supermarket. Unlike the other dispensers in this review, it does not use electricity. However, it does not provide cold or hot water, just water at room temperature.
- It has a push tap that is easy to use
- It has a ceramic inner body and a sturdy bottle holder.
- The package comes with a wooden stand. This one comes in handy when you do not have an elevated surface to place the dispenser.
- The dispenser comes with a multi-step reverse osmosis mechanism that ensures that you get quality water every time.
- It is easy to set up and use the water dispenser.
- Its ceramic crock is dishwasher safe for the ease of cleaning
- It has a unique rounded shape, and silver appearance matches any home decor
- It does not incur electricity costs to operate.
- It does not serve both hot and cold water
- The ceramic body requires more care as it can break with ease
- The wooden stand requires some technical knowledge to assemble correctly
Clover D1 Countertop – Cold and Hot Water Dispenser
Clover D1 countertop water dispensers are bottle-less water dispensers, which deliver both hot and cold water. This means that you do not need to buy bottled water. You can also use water from the plumbing system into your dispenser. It comes with easy to handle faucets for the ease of dispensing water. Besides, it has a hot water guard to prevent injuring the small kids at home. This appliance is just 17.2 inches tall. Therefore, it can fit on any table and can be placed under a cabinet.
This dispenser has a black body and a silver top. It is made of extra heavy-duty hardware that includes an encased metal and ABS plastic external construction. This ensures that your dispenser can withstand both rough use and misuses.
- It uses an R134a refrigerant and an LG compressor for cold water.
- Delivers cold water at 32 to 50 degrees and hot water at 185 degrees
- Its filter has a life of 750 gallons or a full year.
- The drip tray is removable and dishwasher safe.
- It fills quite fast and will dispense water in no time
- Saves you cash that you would have spent on bottles
- Can use your direct water supply, which makes it convenient
- It is a little expensive than comparable water dispensers
- It does not come with an interior filter
Avalon Premium Hot/Cold Top Loading Countertop Water Cooler Dispenser
This is the second countertop water dispenser from Avalon. However, unlike the former, this one makes use of three to five-gallon bottles. It has the same high-quality construction as the other brand. The dispenser has a capacity of five cubic feet and dimensions of just 13 x 12x 19 inches. Its outer body is made of ABS plastic and stainless steel, strong enough to handle some misuse. Several color choices include black, white, gray, and silver. However, it has a glossy appearance that looks good in any room.
- The top-loader comes with a built-in puncture rod to prevent spills when changing bottles.
- The design is UL listed to ensure the safety of the users.
- It comes with a safety lock to keep the young ones secure from scalding.
- It has an option that allows you to turn off either the hot or the cold water. If you do, you will get room-temperature water in the said sprout.
- It is a durable, durable countertop water dispenser.
- Makes you of standard water bottles
- It allows you more control with cold and hot water buttons.
- You can get water at room temperature if you do not want to use electricity.
- It is a little difficult to install the water dispenser
- A little unstable when a 5-when is loaded at the top
Honeywell HWB2052B2 – Tabletop Water Cooler Dispenser
This black table water dispenser is just 21 inches. This means that it can fit under your cabinet. Despite its compactness, it is also stylish and can dispense both hot and cold water. It has a high capacity, delivering up two liters in one hour. Below the faucets is a removable drip tray. It helps to keep the area around the dispenser clean and avoid spilling water to your surfaces. Honeywell water dispenser use just 85 watts of power and is made of an aluminum back with steel and plastic outer front.
- The dispenser is ETL-certified. This standard is one of the most popular safety symbols. It means that the product is independently tested and found to have met the published standard.
- It uses mechanical, push-in faucets that are easy to use. They are also color-coded depending on the temperature of the water.
- The dispenser has a child lock mechanism on the hot water faucet to eliminate a scalding burn risk.
- It has a heating capacity of four liters per hour at 194 degrees F and two liters per hour to get the water below 50 degrees F.
- Its top-loader comes with a prong to help prevent water spills if you use bottles that come with spill-proof caps.
- Ideal for use at home or office
- It has good water dispensing speed
- The complimentary drip tray serves the dispenser well.
- The plastic and aluminum parts may break easily.
- The dispenser is prone to leakage.
Magic Mountain Countertop Water Dispenser
Magic Mountain is a bottle-less countertop water dispenser that helps lower your home’s carbon footprint. It has a stainless steel outer body and is contaminant resistance to ensure that you get high-quality water for your health. Everything from the hot tank to reservoir, frame, bottom, and shelves are made from the material. Therefore, it does not change the taste of the water or rust with time. It can service up to 25 people and provide them with either cold or hot water. When either of the tabs is not activated, the dispenser can also give room temperature water.
It uses a high-quality EZ two-stage purification and filtration system with a capacity of 1800 gallons. On the first stage (quarter-turn EZ change), there is a five-micron sediment filter that protects the underlying carbon filter to do quality filtration. The second stage involves the water purification by Coconut Carbon GAC (Granular Activated Carbon filter) for absorbing liquid chemicals. This results in soft, good tasting water. The sediment filter has a life expectance of 1500 gallons while the GAC has a 2500-gallon useful life expectancy. The package comes with a full installation kit that includes the guideline and everything else required to set up and install your dispenser.
- It has a removable drip tray that is dishwasher safe
- It has a child-safe hot faucet for enhanced safety
- Comes with an on/off switch for hot and cold water outlets to save on cash when not using any feature
- It delivers very cold water in the cold setting
- It is solidly built and can last long
- It can use your plumbing system water saving you on bottle costs and taking care of the environment
- It is compact, making it fit in tight spaces
- It is quite expensive
- The filter requires change after every while, especially if you are served with hard water
Vitapur Countertop Water Dispenser
Vitapur combines both a refreshing look and design with quality water dispensing. It is also compact enough to fit in any space, whether under the cabinet or on the tabletop. The dispenser is easy to use by just pushing the button on the dispenser to get going. Besides, it uses a semiconductor cooling system to ensure that it does not make a lot of noise when placed in your room.
The appliance is handy enough to accommodate both the three and five-gallon bottles. This water dispenser serves cold and room temperature water. It has LED indicator lights to show when water gets cold and ready for dispensing. Besides, it has a removable drip tray for cleaning and prevents spilling when using it.
- The dispenser takes about 30 minutes for the water to be cooled completely. Once this is done, it only takes five minutes after every cup.
- If you do not need to cool the water, the dispenser can work without electricity.
- The water dispenser is made of BPA-free plastic. Therefore, it ensures safe drinking water.
- It is a simple yet stylish water dispenser
- Can be used without electricity
- The compact size makes it ideal for tight spaces
- It is prone to leakage
- It does not come with a filter, which may affect the water quality
- It does not have a hot water feature
Clover D9A Hot & Cold Countertop Water Dispenser
Clover D9A Hot & Cold water dispenser is a bottle-less water dispenser made of stainless steel tank that is contaminant resistant. All the parts that come into contact with water are made of stainless steel. Therefore, you expect the same good taste of the water even with years of use. It also comes with a B9A bottled water cooler Point Use converter. This allows you to use the dispenser both as a bottled water dispenser and as a bottle-less one. When used as a bottle-less water dispenser, you can use water from your plumbing system. You only need to run a ¼-inch poly tube from the supply to the dispenser.
- The dispenser comes with an adjustable thermostat. Coldwater can be set between 35.6 degrees F and 53.6 degrees F. On the other hand, the hot water is automatically controlled and set at 185 degrees F.
- This water dispenser is Energy Star rated. This means that it has followed the strict efficiency guidelines that have been set by the U.S. Department of Energy and the EPA.
- The faucet is made of durable polypropylene and self-closing spickets.
- The cold-water tank is about six gallons, while the hot water tank is two gallons. You have much more in the bottled mode.
- The cold water system uses the R-134a refrigerant for effective control of temperature in addition to the compressor.
- The bottled mode works with three and five-gallon water bottles.
- It is made of high-quality ABS plastic outer that is easy to clean
- It has a removable drip tray to keep the area around the dispenser clean and dry
- The ability to convert from bottled to bottle-less water dispenser makes it convenient for users
- The cold water has some plastic taste when the unit is new
It is important that you stay hydrated all the time. You have a choice of buying bottled water or purchasing a water dispenser. Countertop water dispensers are both cheap and convenient for small families and those who have little spaces. You can also carry them outdoors for a picnic, a social gathering, or enjoy a great time with friends. As described in the section above, there is a wide range of choices available in the market that you can pick. Go through the guide and some of the best models available in town so that you can pick one that meets your need.